Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Yearly Wrap-Up


Happy New Year to my lovely fellow book bloggers and readers. I want to wish you all the best of luck in the upcoming new year, I hope you are all able to accomplish your bookish and personal goals this upcoming year.

2017 was a great year for me, but I've decided that 2018 will be even better.

What I've Accomplished This Year
A lot has happened for me and my blog in 2017. I started reaching out to publishers a lot more, and received so many wonderful books in exchange for my review. Before this year, I didn't even expect publishers to email me back, and now I'm on four publisher's mailing lists for monthly newsletters. I am so thankful for everyone thats decided to work with me and help make my blog be even better than before.
There were a few ARC copies I was looking to trade, so I decided to try #booksfortrade on Twitter. To my surprise, the first person that traded with me was Sabrina from Beyond the Book Reviews. Sabrina just happened to live in my town, and go to the same exact high school I did (with only a 3 year difference). She introduced me to all the other book bloggers that also live in my town, they are all such wonderful people, and they welcomed me into their group immediately. I've made so many bookish friends in real life.
One of the things we did as a group, was have dinner with Kelley Armstrong when she came to out town. It was so wonderful to sit down, have dinner, and talk to one of my favourite authors of all time. If you ever have the chance to meet her, you definitely should. She is one of the kindest and most down to earth people I've ever met. She had so many wonderful ideas, and even shared some tips and trick for some of the future writers in the group.
But my biggest accomplishment this year, would have to be reading 95 books. I used to read a lot when I was in high school, but as soon as I went to university the number of books the only books I read were textbooks. I am currently half way into my fourth year of university, and I never imagined reading so many books in one year, and still getting really good grades. I honestly cant tell you enough how challenging it is to balance my hobby and school, but with every year I keep getting better at both.

Reading Challenges

Goodreads Reading Challenge 

My goal in this challenge was to read 80 books in total.
I completed the challenge with 95 books read in 2017, with a total of 32946 pages.





Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 
This was the third year that I've started this challenge, and every single year I increase my goal.
This year the goal was to read 25 books from Netgalley or Edelweiss.
I completed the challenge with 35 Netgalley books read (sadly no Edelweiss).  


The Audiobook Challenge 
This was my first year doing this challenge and I absolutely loved it.
The goal was to listen to 20 audiobooks this year.
I completed the challenge with 25 audiobooks listened to.








Favourite Book of 2017

Honorable Mentions



Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2018 is a wonderful year for you guys, and I'm wishing you all the best. Thank you so much for visiting and being a part of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. You had such an amazing year in books! I keep hearing such wonderful things about My Lady Jane and you have reminded me that it is one that I should get to reading soon. Good luck with your 2018 reading goals. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...