Monday, May 22, 2017

Review: The Nerdy and the Dirty by B.T. Gottfred

Publication Date: November 15th 2016
Publisher: Henry Hold and Co.
Genre:YA, Contemporary, Romance
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: Pen Lupo is sick and tired of hiding who she is. On the outside, Pen is popular, quiet, and deferential to her boyfriend. On the inside, however, Pen is honest, opinionated--and not quite sure that she's like other girls. Do they have urges like she does?

His classmates may consider him a nerd, but Benedict Pendleton knows he's destined for great things. All he has to do is find a worthy girlfriend, and his social station will be secured. Sure, Benedict is different--but that's what he likes about himself.

When fate intervenes, both Pen and Benedict end up at the same vacation resort for winter break. Despite their differences, the two are drawn together. But is there such a thing as happily ever after for a nympho and a nerd?

My Rating
3/5 stars

My Review
If you're looking for a quirky romance story, and don't mind a lot of graphic sexual content then you will definitely love this book.

On the outside, Pen is quiet, does what she's told, and pretends to be a "good" catholic girl. But on the inside, Pen has urges and would love nothing more than to speak her mind freely. Her polar opposite, Benedict, can't help but speak freely. He believes theres no point in lying, and will tell you how it is to your face, unfortunately this labeled him as the weird nerdy kid everyone calls Tin-Man. When the unlikely pair end up together at the same resort, they realize that the other one isn't exactly who they seem to be.

I was actually thinking about giving up on this book when I first started it. I found Pen's point of view really hard to focus on, and I just wasn't too impressed with Benedict. Benedict is basically Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory, but younger. He doesn't understand how to be social with people, and will turn away any potential friends with his brutally honest personality. Pen's point of view was like being in someones brain who has ADHD and will fly from one topic to the next. It was very hard to follow at first, but I kept on reading for some reason, and I'm somewhat glad I did. 

The book really picks up when the two are at the winter resort, which happens around 45% into the book. Before that, I found the book to be boring, confusing and bland. But when the two main characters actually start talking and falling in love with each other, it was actually a really cute romance story and I found myself rooting for the two of them to be together, against all odds.

This book had a lot of sexual content in it, especially from Pen's point of view. While I didn't mind reading about it, I don't think it's very fitting for young adults, I think it's safe to say that people reading this book should be at least 15 and older... hopefully.

I'm not sure if I would recommend this book to everyone. I definitely recommend it to people above 15 who are either outcasts who believe they will never find love (which, trust me, you will <3) or for people who are ready to have their first sexual encounter with a partner.

I wish I could have given this book more than 3 stars because it was a really cute romance, but unfortunately it wasn't my type of read. Hopefully, you will enjoy it more than I did.

Happy Reading,
Aneta

2 comments:

  1. I probably wouldn't like the sexual content - cozy mysteries are my favorite reads. Good review.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable. Books like this aren't for everyone.
      Thanks for reading my review.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...