Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Publication Date: August 27th 2013
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.

My Rating: 3/5 stars

My Review: The Infinite Moment of Us is a wonderful contemporary romance from both Wren and Charlie's point of view.
Wren Gray is a people pleaser. All she's ever done in her life is please her parents and teachers. Now that she's about to graduate, its time for her to make her own choices. And one of those choices include her first love, Charlie Parker.
Charlie is in love with Wren. Except she doesn't know him yet. But when she finally realizes Charlie's love for her, Charlie experiences some problems from his troubled past.

This book was definitely a big surprise to me. I found this book at the store and as soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to have it. When I first started reading it, I thought it was really good. But when I got to the middle, I was shocked and my feelings for it kind of went down.
When I picked this book up, I found it in the Young Adult section, so when I got to a certain part where there was some sexual content I was extremely surprised. This isn't something I'm used to while reading Young Adult novels, I just feel like it wasn't very appropriate.

Wren's character was very interesting. At first I felt kind of connected, I definitely share a lot of similarities with Wren about the whole 'pleasing' people part, and about being an only child. But after she got together with Charlie, I found her character to be really annoying. Some of the fights they shared together were just stupid and pointless. 

Charlie's character on the other hand was actually pretty interesting to read about. I've never read a book where the main character has been though some pretty traumatic things so this was very interesting for me. He definitely reminded me of an old crush of mine. So he was definitely my fave character.

Overall, I will say that I did like this book (even though the ending is stupid). But it could definitely use some improvement, and it's definitely not for children. I'd say only 17 and up should read something like this.

Hopefully you like this book more than me, 
Happy Reading
- Aneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...